Facebook keeps on introducing innovative and new features/updates all the time. This time, Facebook has rolled out a new streamlined look for Pages on the desktop version that will make it easier for people to find the information they want and help Page admins find the tools (Page Insights) they use the most.
The new Facebook page emphasizes on the brand and puts ads on the sidelines. The layout is crisp, clean and gives the brand a little more prominence.
Especially the new Facebook page layout design includes a new navigation and a prominent call-to-action (CTA) button.
“We’ve introduced a new design for Pages on the desktop to make it easier for people to learn about and interact with businesses on Facebook, including a new column for tab navigation and a more prominent call-to-action button”, said a spokesperson from Facebook.
The key design changes of the new Facebook Page update includes:
- The cover image is larger (828×315 pixels) and extends across the entire column.
- The profile picture is smaller (90×90 pixels).
- Page insights appear below the cover image, rather than to the right side (as earlier).
- The menu for page administrators appears on the left-hand side, instead of below the cover image.
- Information about the page appears lower and on the right-hand side, instead of higher and on the left-hand side.
Facebook is pleasing the brand pages by giving them a more prominent call to action button on the new layout that can be found underneath the cover image, which enables brands to reach real results from their Facebook existence.
Another part of this update is the tab navigation, set to the left column, where users can go to sections of the Facebook page, such as About, Videos, Photos, Posts, and Events.
Earlier, ads used to appear on the right side, wherein now the new pages are entirely ad free.